Accessibility Training: Section 508 Compliants
You can register for this class anytime within a semester to complete 16 hours of training at your own pace! Registration and training is done completely at your own pace, online.
Who is this class for?
- Post Secondary and K-12 Teachers, Educators, Staff and
- Marketing Professionals
- Website Developers
- Curriculum Developers
- Social Media Marketing Professionals
- Disability Services
- Workforce Centers
- Anyone working in D2L Brightspace
- Learning Management System Professionals
This training teaches you how to create accessible electronic content as required by Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Learners will create materials that are accessible to:
- People who use screen readers.
- People with limited mobility who cannot use a mouse
- People who need materials read to them.
- People with limited or no vision to access online materials.
When you finish this four week, self-paced fully online course, you will understand how to create materials used in an online environment including email, website, or using an HTML editor in D2L Brightspace, a learning management system. After completing this course, you will be able to create information that will be immediately accessible to everyone who encounters your work.
Students can earn badges in each of the following elements:
- Fonts and Color Contrast
- Images and Alt Tags
- Accessibility Checkers
- Power Point Accessibility