What is +Connect?
The Minnesota Advanced Manufacturing Partnership (MnAMP), in collaboration with South Central College and other partner colleges throughout Minnesota, is offering a new program called +Connect – a series of training courses led by live instructors via mediated telepresence. Employees can train right at their company, making +Connect ideal for incumbent workers and those in apprenticeships or dual-training programs.
The core courses offered align with the Manufacturing Skills Standards Council (MSSC) Certified Production Technician credential, so upon completion, participants can receive a nationally-recognized credential. These courses can be applied toward earning an academic certificate, diploma, or degree in advanced manufacturing programs, including welding, machining, and mechatronics, at participating colleges.
What are the benefits of +Connect?
- Instructor-led, high-quality training
- Ability to connect from anywhere, including the job site
- Convenient 8-week courses that run two hours per week
- Special limited-time $99/course pricing for the four advanced manufacturing core MSSC Certified Production Technician (CPT) courses, plus three additional courses:
- Safety Awareness (CMAE 1514) – 2 credits
- Manufacturing Processes and Production (CMAE 1518) – 2 credits
- Quality Practices (CMAE 1522) – 2 credits
- Maintenance Awareness (CMAE 1526) – 2 credits
- Technical Math (CMAE 1502) – 3 credits
- Print Reading (CMAE 1510) – 2 credits
- Career Success Skills (CMAE 1528) – 1 credit
- Competitive pricing for all other training courses
- Hands-on assistance to set up the telepresence system at your facility
- Support for participants provided by a dedicated +Connect advisor
What are the benefits of the MSSC Certified Production Technician credential?
- Raises the level of performance of production workers
- Helps employers ensure their workforce increases the company’s productivity and competitiveness
Refund Policy – Refunds will only be given if the student/company cancels or transfers registration no less than 3 business days prior to the class start date. After that, the student/company incurs all charges without refund.
Textbooks – Additional purchase of a textbook may be required. For more details, ask your college representative for the +Connect Textbooks and Course Materials list.
For more information contact: Leonard Johnson, Customized Training Representative at (218)733-1079 or Leonard.Johnson@lsc.edu